Welcome to Renting with LJ Hooker
Congratulations on your tenancy approval & welcome to LJ Hooker. We hope to ensure that our office provides you with our highest level of service. Our property management services are available between 9am & 5:00pm Monday to Friday (subject of course to public holidays, Christmas breaks & the like).
Our office is a cashless agency
Tenants can elect to pay rent via Console Pay - Ezidebit.
Approved tenants will receive an invitation from their property manager either by email or sms to set up their rental payment schedule.
Your Condition Report is YOUR MOST IMPORTANT TENANCY DOCUMENT !
Our agency cannot stress enough the importance of a condition report for all tenants. At the end of your tenancy the final inspection will be conducted using the Condition Report as the only guide to indicate the original condition of the premises. NSW tenancy legislation stipulates that rental properties must be returned to the agency at the end of the tenancy in the same condition as at the commencement of the tenancy, minus fair wear & tear only. We note that wear & tear does not include any level of damage.
Before the tenant carries out any alterations to a rental property, we strongly advise that a formal approval is sought first. All requests should be made in writing. Written documentation will then be recorded on your file to ensure protection throughout the tenancy.
Any complaints should be reported to our office in writing. Maintenance requests are forwarded to the landlord & the owner will then instruct the agent to either, have work carried out, decide not to undertake any work, or advise the agent that they will see to the maintenance themselves. The real estate is not able to override the landlord’s decision. Our office encourages tenants to keep us informed of the status of repairs at all times so that we can follow up owners and trades people & try to ensure maintenance is attended to accordingly.
For Your Tenancy Induction – things to note:
During the Tenancy Induction we will go through the following with you:
- Appointment Time Allocation – please allocate up to 45 minutes for your induction.
- All Persons to be Present – all tenants approved on the application
- No Cash or Credit Card facilities
- BondsOnline need 2 working days prior to your induction
- Initial payments need to have been debited 2 working days
prior to your induction
- Tenancy Agreement – specific details of your tenancy
- Payment of Rent – Direct debit payment option preferred
- Bond Lodgement – Bonds online is the preferred option
- Condition Report – Your most important tenancy document
- Repairs and Emergency Repairs – our procedure
- Compulsory Legislation – Tenant Information Statement
Getting Started – What You Need To Do First
Utility Connections – Getting Connected
It is a tenant responsibility to ensure your power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into your name. Elders Queanbeyan have partnered with MyConnect to make this process as smooth as possible for you.